Careers with Blue Insurance
Assistant Product Manager
Specialty Insurance, Cover-More Europe
Be part of our award-winning team!
Who we are
Blue Insurance is an ambitious Insurance business developing innovative products and disrupting the Insurance landscape in the UK and Ireland.
Founded in October 2003, Blue Insurance is an online insurance business, providing online Travel, Car Hire Excess, Motor Breakdown, Gadget, Pet, Bicycle and Wedding insurance. Since 2003 we have grown from a niche travel insurance provider with a team of into an award-winning, Deloitte Best Managed Company.
In October 2018, Blue Insurance officially became part of the Cover-More Group. Cover-More Group is a global specialist and integrated travel insurance, medical assistance, and employee assistance provider with operations across five continents. Cover-More Group is headquartered in Sydney, Australia. In 2017, Cover-More became part of Zurich Insurance Group emerging as the third largest travel insurance provider in the world.
Blue Insurance Ltd is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland and authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority for UK Business.
The Assistant Specialty Insurance Product Manager will work with the Head of Specialty and the rest of the team on delivering the Go-To-Market strategy and growth of Specialty Insurance portfolio in EMEA. This will include managing the current portfolio of Pet, Gadget and Wedding Insurance products and future opportunities within this sector.
As Assistant Product Manager, you will manage the day-to-day relationships with our key insurance and client partners. You will work with stakeholders within the organisation on executing the product roadmap, developing new products, and identifying opportunities for the broader Specialty Insurance market.
You will apply Agile methodology and disciplined execution to deliver to the highest standard using best practice processes, and extensive customer & stakeholder management.
Qualifications and Training
This is a mid-level role with an opportunity to develop your career. Ideally you have previous experience within financial services. Previous experience within insurance is an advantage, but not required as full training is provided and the Company offers support towards the completion of the insurance qualifications.
The Team and Community
Caring is at the heart of what we do. We're here to make a positive difference in the world we live in. Through our social impact, we are committing to the communities we work in and giving back where they need it most. Whichever way you choose to participate in volunteering or fundraising, whether as a team or individually, the company gives you 3 paid days to volunteer. This is our commitment to our community. Then, wherever you help, the commitment is always doubled, and the company will match the number of volunteer hours that staff complete each year and also any money donated to a charity which we call Employee Matching here in CoverMore Group.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Acting as the Assistant Specialty Insurance Product Manager you will ensure:
- Timely delivery by the product teams of partner requirements
- Oversight of the Specialty Insurance portfolio. including supporting on all scheme renewals and any product or pricing changes, keeping record of all changes, updating all Blue Internal processes, training additional staff on processes and procedures and being the point of contact for the Customer Service team for any day-to-day queries
- Management of key aggregator accounts, oversee expansion of products on aggregators, benchmarking against competitors; and
- All aspects of the product (commercial, technical, legal) are managed from ideation through to delivery servicing and claims
- Ensure all contacts and interactions are of the highest standard (written/phone/face-to-face), to communicate clearly and appropriately to all stakeholders
- Ensure all SLAs are achieved or clearly communicated in appropriate timeframes
Skills and Qualifications
- Highly collaborative and relationship management skills, enabling close collaboration between product teams, underwriters, IT, Operations and Customer Service, Claims management, Compliance and Legal
- Proactive problem-solving skills and a self-starter with ability to work under own initiative
- Positive, confident, passionate, energetic, and enthusiastic
- Understanding of financial services and the regulated environment
- Previous insurance experience is an advantage
- Experience of managing the day-to-day workings of third-party accounts and parties such as aggregators and business partnerships
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise tasks and working within a large organisation
- Advanced computer literacy
- A third level degree, or insurance related qualification an advantage but not required, we will provide training
Rewards and Benefits:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Company pension
- Life insurance
- Income protection
- Referral bonus
- Incremental Annual Leave days
- Hybrid working
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Family friendly and work-life balance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid Covid–19 sick leave
- Online learning and training opportunities
- Work anniversaries leave
Interested in this role? Please send in your application via firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a permanent role. Office based and remote opportunities are available. Blue Insurance is an equal opportunities employer.